“In his work, Sam Waltz has the Heart of a Teacher. He not only helped us with our business issue, he helped make us a better company!” ~ SW&A Client CEO
Founded 1993 by Sam Waltz, APR, Fellow PRSA, Strategic Counselor, Trusted Adviser & Advocate™, Sam Waltz & Associates Strategic Capital & Business Counsel (SW&A) is a global Professional Services consultancy in Greenville, DE, near Philadelphia, less than 2 hours from either Washington, DC, or New York City.
An “early-out” External Affairs executive of the DuPont Company, where he worked 1977-93 for DuPont’s Corporate General Counsel, Sam Waltz is a Vietnam-era veteran of the US Army CounterIntelligence Corps. He holds BS and MS degrees from the University of Illinois at Urbana, with PhD coursework (no degree) in Public Policy at the University of Delaware at Newark. With roots deep in Public Affairs and Business Journalism, he’s also the Founding Publisher of the Delaware Business Times, who came to Delaware in 1975 for the statewide Wilmington News Journal papers, where he became its award-winning State Capitol Bureau Chief covering the likes of a young Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr., then 35 years old, as well as the Governor, General Assembly, Courts, Business and Politics.
SW&A Clients have ranged from emerging-tech small businesses, not-for-profits, government and education to the US Military, Fortune 50 companies, the Church, and even occasionally individuals. Providing global / national scale and quality services from the “small town Delaware” environment, SW&A Pricing fits most Client budgets, according to their Needs, Proposed Deliverables and Scope of Work.
Today, the core part of SW&A strategic business services based on Sam Waltz’ experience, competencies and interests are Strategic Consulting, Creative Problem-Solving, Strategic Advisory Counsel and Advocacy in important areas of Business / Organization Life Cycle Management.
- Early-Stage Emerging-Technology Business Enterprise Incubation, Capital-Finding and Launch, with Business Planning, Capital-Finding, Strategic Counsel to Entrepreneurs, and Enterprise Scalability;
- Business TurnAround and Growth Management, with Strategic Counsel to C-Level Executives, via consulting and leadership in Branding, Positioning, Business, Management, Marketing, Finance and Targeted New Business Development;
- Exit Planning, helping Owners, Leaders and Families anticipate a Constructive Exit with Optimal Business Valuation, whether in transitions to family, managers or outside purchasers, as well as ancillary support such as financing business sales to family members or managers;
- Merger & Acquisition (M&A) whether as an intermediary on the Sell-Side or the Buy-Side (never at the same time, of course) when a business is approaching a sale event, or when it needs to buy (for whatever reasons, organic growth is not sufficient, industry consolidation, etc.);
- Governance Board or Advisory Board Member / Interim CEO , given his Strategic Perspective and Approach, as well as his broad and deep range of competence across industries and functions, Sam Waltz has also filled roles from the Boardroom to Interim Leader / CEO, helping stabilize and refocus organizations that are experiencing chaos of some kind;
- Public Affairs / Reputation Management / Issues & Crisis Management / Executive Support, helping Organizations Navigate the Issues that threaten its future, whether Mission Failure, Leadership Failure, Employee Misbehavior, Product Failure, Litigation, or Acts of God; and
- Motivational / Platform-Speaking Practice, given the breadth and depth of his experience, in virtually every industry, as well as global not-for-profit organizations and the military, Sam Waltz has an active on-going Platform-Speaking Practice, as well, on a variety of topics from business leadership, operations, motivation, and the issues du jour.
In addition, Strategic Consulting and Business Services are provided in two other areas by Waltz Family members.
Sandra L Bihary Waltz, a Wilmington University Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree candidate and Sam’s wife, provides Pharma Regulatory / Ally Development / External Affairs services via SW&A, based on her 30+ years of work in the HealthCare and Pharma Industries.
Andrew E Waltz, their son, a 2007 University of Delaware BFA graduate, provides a variety of New Media services, including Design, Web, Videography and others via SW&A.
Sam Waltz and the SW&A firm has earned a variety of honors and recognitions, among them the Silver Anvil for Non-Profit Public Affairs, for the Campaign to Vindicate the Scapegoated 1941 Pearl Harbor Commanders Adm. Husband Kimmel and Gen. Walter Short, a campaign that resulted in 3 successful votes in Congress. Sam Waltz has served as the elected Global and National President of his Professional Society for the External Affairs, Executive Support, Strategic Counsel, Business Communications and Public Affairs Industry, akin to a local MD who might head the American Medical Association (AMA) or a local attorney who might head the American Bar Association (ABA).
Sam is valued in the State of Delaware and the Greater Delaware Valley as a first-rate civic and business leader, a philanthropist, and a kind and caring counselor. Likewise, in his industry, he’s regarded as a big picture thinker on issues of business, industry and the profession.
Virtually from its 1993 founding until 2007, SW&A deployed a staff of about 10. Upon the graduation from the University of Delaware of his three young adults, Sam followed his own personal plan and downsized his practice between 2007-10 until it became a Solo Practice Model.
LIMITED TIME FREE CONSULT OFFER on the Contact Us Page! See it Now!!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.